Sunday, February 08, 2009

How I Spent my Saturday



Yesterday I spent most of the morning kickboxing and grappling. I left my class totally exhausted and ready for some rest and recovery! After I got home, I skipped the shower and dragged myself straight to the bed. The Munchkins were playing outside and my husband was working on the computer.

Suddenly Miss Munchkin bursts in with the report that the Master was hurt and he was asking for me. They had been jumping on the trampoline and he had landed on his ankle and was in considerable pain. Sure enough, his ankle was huge and he was in tears. Off to the ER.

Of course, I looked and smelled fabulous with my sweat-dried hair pulled back in a hasty pony tail. There was a college basketball game in town so the ER was pretty busy.

The X-rays revealed that a stretched ligament had pulled a chip of bone off of the Master's talus, a bone in the ankle. We were sent home with an air cast and a referral to an Orthopedic doctor. We'll know more after meeting with him. In the meantime, I'm faced with the challenge of keeping an active 7 year old quiet and off of his feet for, oh, about 2 months. I'm open to suggestions!

5 comments:

April said...

ugh. Sorry. Poor little guy.

Alisa said...

Aaack! Feel better soon Master Munchkin. Good luck Momma! Kids have a penchant for choosing the exact right times. My two tend to only come home sick on housecleaning days when I'm all slimy and gross.

idreamicanfly said...

Tie him down? Um, you could tie his foot to his bottom so he won't put it down?

I think you need to start with working up a really cool story about how he got injured. Like he beat off some 200 lb escaped convict all by himself and saved 3 babies from a flood. Then everyone can admire him, and maybe the weight of the admiration will keep him sitting down...

Jen said...

I definitely do not have any suggestions. My girls who is sporting a splint on her arm is doing almost everything she would do without it. But at 3 years of age who can blame her. Praying for quick healing for both our little ones.

MrsMama said...

Thanks all.

Jo, you made me laugh!