Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fruit of our Labor



This year I wanted to do something a little different for Valentine's Day. The Master is of the age where there is an Official Class Party at school, complete with many paper valentines and lots of sugar.



The Master loves clementines and bad puns so we went with this:


"Orange you glad it's Valentine's Day?"



It's hard to get a sense of scale, but these fruits are actually pretty small. We put them in short, plastic cups and added red heart stickers.

Easy! Healthy! Different!

The kids are going to hate me, aren't they?

5 comments:

Enid said...

Way to go!! What is up with bringing candy to a Do Jo!

idreamicanfly said...

Well, *I* would hate you. But that's only because I'm allergic to oranges, and I'd assume you're trying to kill me ;) The kids will probably just throw them away, if I remember being a kid accurately. But I still think it's a good idea.

MrsMama said...

Hi Mujer, so glad you stopped by.

"The Master" is actually my 7 year old. It's short for "Master Munchkin". His 2nd grade class is having a party.

Yea, our martial arts school would probably frown on that. Especially since this month they are emphasizing healthy eating! :)

Jo, I probably shouldn't have included that orange in your package then, huh? ;)

idreamicanfly said...

Ha. I'll remember to open it with fireplace tongs :)

Alisa said...

The Boy would absolutely love you. That is his favorite treat ever. Also, who cares about the kids? Master's teacher is going to give him straight A's from here on out.