Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Beat This!



There is a set of cookbooks that is perfect for this time of year. Not only is the food incredible, the author is a hoot! I'm off to pick up the Munchkins, but I will leave you with a few quotes to sustain you till I return and reveal all. I may even post one of her recipes for you to try.
For maximum guest intimidation, there's nothing like homemade crackers.

People bolt these down without chewing, like seals catching fish.

My friends would eat this dip with ladles if they could.

This will make you seem very cutting-edge and kamikaze-ish.

"I don't want to sound like The Bad For You Cookbook here. I'm not telling you that you have to use lard. I'm just saying it makes the best fried chicken. Same with the MSG. No one is making you use it! But as long as you're using lard, for God's sake, you might as well use the MSG too."

No comments: