Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Little Inspiration


I love to listen to music when I have to do something unpleasant, like housework or exercise. I even took my mp3 player to the dentist recently to drown out the whine of the drill.

One of my very favorite things to listen to when I have to run is the orchestral score from the movie, Transformers. The movie was *OK*, but the music was incredible. You can hear snips of it from Amazon and you'll see what I mean. It is very motivational with its strong strings, driving beat and ethereal choir. Kinda Angelic-Technology meets Pirates-of-the-Carribean sounding. I've heard it compared to the Harry Potter score, but I haven't heard that so I can't really say.

Apparently this movie score wasn't available to the public for a long time. It was only released after a large, organized public movement and online petition. Even now, copies of the CD are hard to find. But you can download it easily online now from various places (for a reasonable fee).

Check out the clip from songs #12, Arrival To Earth and #7, Bumblebee. From Amazon, just click the little arrow to the left of them and you'll hear a free clip. That will give you a taste of what I'm talking about. You might even get inspired and get up and do something exciting! :)

No comments: