Saturday, May 24, 2008

Eye Update & A Sweet Crescent Kick

I ended up taking Master Munchkin to the doctor after his Freaky Eye Accident. Thankfully, there shouldn't be any lasting damage. The doctor gave us some steroid eyedrops to reduce additional internal swelling. We are breathing a sigh of relief and The Master has a bb in his pocket to show all his friends and a cool "boy" story to tell.


Miss Munchkin and I had our first full-gear sparring session in Martial Arts class. We suited up with padded helmets, gloves, shin guards and foot pads. Oh, and mouthguards. She had 5 years of Tae Kwon Do when she was younger, so sparring comes fairly natural to her. I am totally new to Martial Arts and I think sparring is, well, hard. There are too many things to think about at once - blocking your partner's attacks, pressing your own, staying in the ring, remembering that punches to the face are illegal, trying to look cool and nonchalant with a big piece of rubber in your mouth (am I drooling?). Anyway, MM scored a sweet crescent kick to the side of my head. It was beautiful. The teachers were thrilled. I was proud. That's my girl! (sniff, sniff) :)

No comments: