Friday, September 12, 2008

Don't Punch My Nose


Sing along (to the tune, Achy Breaky Heart)
Don't punch my nose, my achy, breaky nose.
I know you really want to; it's a hunch.
'Cause if you punch my nose, I'll bleed on all your toes
and that will really freak me out a bunch!
I got hit A LOT during Fight Class last night. But after awhile, I got sort of fed up and started hitting back. Or trying to really hard! I'm quickly learning that I need to stay out of punching range of these guys and that kicks are my friend.

Here's the most embarrassing thing that has happened (so far): I was in the middle of sparring and suddenly remembered a drill that we were practicing earlier (which involved throwing a hard roundhouse and continuing to spin around 360°) and I said, "Oh! Remember this?" and threw the kick. My feet spun out from under me and, all of the sudden, I was flat on my back looking up at my partner.

"Oooooo, nice knock down!", the instructor called out. And everyone stopped to look. At me.

"I didn't touch her!" my partner protested, laughing. He helped me up. I was laughing too. There wasn't much else I could do that that point.

blush

On a more serious note, my Favorite Sister, who is in Houston, is right in the path of Hurricane Ike. Stay safe Rene!

3 comments:

Alisa said...

At least you didn't get hit in the nose. Laughing at yourself is always good medicine.
Stay safe Rene. And you may just want to think of a location change. I hear Southern CA is really nice. We rarely get hurricanes or tornadoes, or floods. :)

idreamicanfly said...

Um yeah, we just get those huge wildfires, and, oh yeah, earthquakes...

idreamicanfly said...

Oh, wait, and did I forget El Nino and mudslides? Silly me :)