Thursday, September 18, 2008

May I Present


Flickr has been a source of visual inspiration for me over the last 2 years. There are some incredibly artistic and talented people who post their photography there. I wanted to introduce you to some of my favorite Flickr Friends.

Miz Booshay and I both got the same dSLR camera and started taking photos around the same time. She has a lovely daughter and an eye for taking stunning portraits. Even though we have the same equipment, she somehow does something magical with hers. Miz Booshay also guest blogs on the popular Pioneer Woman.

Bubba Trout has a delightful sense of humor that is evident in his photography. He also has the technical skills to crank out some incredible work. He and I share a love for Colorado and chocolate. He's the one who taught me that using a GND (graduated neutral density) filter will help properly expose the skies when shooting mountains. Thanks, Bubba!

If I were to pick someone to photography me and my family, I'd call J.Fields in a heartbeat. She captures emotion in an intimate way and utilizes the most incredible settings. Check out her website here. No, seriously - check it out.

5 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Thank you so much. You have inspired me Mrs. Mama! Truly!

Now I am off to visit your other flickr friends.

I do not know Bubba Trout.

Funny name :o)

MrsMama said...

Hi Donna - I'm happy you stopped by. I am so pleased to have to privilege of "introducing" you to each other.

Bubba's name fits him. ;)

idreamicanfly said...

Have you seen The Paper Pony? I think she's my favorite people-photographer to date.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thepaperpony/

MrsMama said...

idream, thanks for the link - I'll check her out!

Jen Fields said...

I know I already told you thank you for saying such nice things about me...but thought I would thank you again here on the actual post. You have some fun stuff on your blog. I look forward to catching up on it all.