Monday, September 22, 2008

Klean Kanteens Are In the House



I recently ordered Klean Kanteens for our family. Now that we've had a chance to try them out, I wanted to report back my thoughts...

What I Love
  • The colors, shape and feel of the bottle - they are sturdy and cute
  • All of the reported health benefits from avoiding plastic bottles
  • The wide mouth - perfect for adding ice or for easy cleaning
  • The absence of plastic bottles around our home, in our car, and in our trash
  • You can throw it in the dishwasher

What I Don't Love
  • The price. My 18 oz bottle cost $18
  • The sports lid - if you suck too hard, it squeaks; My son can't use it in class.
  • If you fill it with ice, it sweats. A lot.
  • If a child misplaces it, you are out some serious money.
  • The stainless steel models get fingerprints easily

My husband loves his and carries it around the house with him. He's a huge water drinker. I like mine and feel good about the kids drinking from them. So, overall, I would recommend them and would buy them again. I believe there are knock-off brands that are cheaper. Your local health food store might carry some, if you are interested.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Thanks for the review. I'm going to our health food store this week, I'll have to check it out.