Thursday, September 11, 2008

GF Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I found a "healthy" cookie that both my Munchkins can eat. I love being able to throw something at them on the way out the door or put this into their school lunches.

From Abby. These are gluten free, egg and dairy free.
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/4 cups whole oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbs brown sugar
a dash of salt
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp olive oil

Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix the wet and dry ingredients separately and then combine, stirring well. Drop the cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or just in a glass pan. They may be a little loose, but that's OK. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
I highly recommend doubling this recipe and adding some dairy free mini-chocolate chips. :)

3 comments:

Adventure girl said...

They look great. I am starting to investigate this gluten free business. I have terrible issues with bloating ????

Adventure girl said...

LOL! Did I share too much? Sorry if I did. I'm an open book:)

MrsMama said...

Adventure Girl - lol, no, we understand bloating around here. :)