Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Reese's PB Chocolate Cookies


My dear friend Laura is coming to visit today. In her honor, I am posting one of her recipes. These cookies are incredible.

Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

1 c. butter
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
2 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 12 oz bag of Reese's PB chips

Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in pudding. Mix in dry ingredients, add chips. Chill 4 hours. Shape into small balls. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Now, don't go and try making these healthy by substituting margarine for butter, etc. You need to try them "as written". Laura uses a good quality cocoa, like Droste's - you can really taste the difference. And don't think about skipping the chilling process - it's important. Sorry, I know 4 hours is a long time to wait when you're faced with chocolate and peanut butter, but you'll thank me in the end.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Mmmmm...I think I found what I'm bringing for my next snack turn for riding!

MrsMama said...

Alisa, you are so smart for making these - then getting them out of the house! They are addictive and it's easy to hide them from the children and eat the whole batch by myself, um I mean by oneself. :P