Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Random Ramblings


This green site has some interesting items. I love some of the colorful, reusable grocery bags. Our grocery store gives you 5 cents credit for every bag you bring. And I think I'm going to invest in some Klean Kanteens this year for the kids to take to school; we've been going through plastic water bottles like crazy lately!

Last night's Martial Arts class was fun. We did an exercise where 4 people stood in the middle and the rest circled around them. The ones on the outside would "attack" someone in the middle, choosing a method that we've worked on in class, and the one in the middle would defend and counter. What made it fun was that instructor turned off some of the lights and cranked up rock music. The intent was to create some "stress" and distraction for those being attacked - to recreate a possible real-life scenario. We worked on hair grabs, chokes, wrist grabs and bear hugs. So a person in the middle sort of knew what was coming, but didn't know when or from what direction it was coming from.

Fight Class tomorrow.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I love that site. I sure could spend all my green there. I just threw in the big $ for the Laptop Lunchbox systems for the kiddos this year. So far, we all love them. I'm having a hard time jumping on the Kleen Kantene though.
Sounds like you're finding your groove in fight class. Good for you for hanging in there.

Miss Notesy said...

That class sounds awesome!