Sunday, August 03, 2008

Maybe I DO Have a Green Thumb




I admit, in the past I have been known to kill houseplants and entire vegetable gardens, but I think my luck has started to change. I discovered a lovely patch of green plants growing in our front flower bed, right under Master Munchkin's window. They just appeared amongst the Lamb's Ear. Aren't they pretty? So green and fresh...

Here's one close up. These guys really seem to be thriving, despite the scorching summer heat and my gardening skills.



I may just have to pick a batch to set on the dining room table. There's nothing like plants fresh from the garden to satisfy that certain "itch" to bring the outdoors in.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

You are awesome!
When we were in Ohio, The Girl was traipsing in the woods in The Grandparents' backyard and I had to physically follow her in to pull her back out. She didn't listen to me that the "carpet" was not her friend. If I had come down with itchy legs I think I would have beat her to a pulp.
I am in awe of your green thumb. All it takes is practice and lots of false confidence. Keep up the great work.

April said...

Oh dear. Please keep my daughter away from your pretty green garden.

Anonymous said...

I like to tell people I have a black thumb. I kill any plant indoors or out. I have even killed cacti.

I will have to take lessons from you! At least it's green, right?