Friday, August 08, 2008

PC Ramblings



Here, PC means pre-coffee. Mostly - I've only had 1/2 cup. That's obviously not enough to function properly so read at your own risk. :P

I am sore. Between Kickboxing and Martial Arts classes, I work out 4 nights in a row. Right now, I'm hobbling around a bit like our old, arthritic dog. I over-extended my right knee sometime during the week so that hurts. Did I mention that I feel old? Oh, by the way, everyone in the Advanced Class can run ladders faster than I. Even the 67 year old grandfather. Even Mr. B, who had knee surgery a few months ago! Ladders are that stupid lovely exercise where you all line up at one end of the gym, run part way down, touch the ground and run back. Run a bit further down, touch and run back. Repeat until you are running the whole length of the gym. The part I hate most is when everyone is done and are all standing there with ample time to watch me finish. Alone. How embarrassing is that?!

(pause grumpy, whiny rant and sip coffee)

OK. I feel a bit better. On the upside, I learned how to do an armbar from a side choke last night. Basically, you are laying on your back and someone is kneeling beside you, "choking" you with both hands. You trap their arm, do a little scoot, hook your leg around their neck and flip them over (holding onto that arm the whole time). If everything is went well, their arm will be stretched out and sort of bending backwards at the elbow. Raise your hips a bit and they will be tapping out and making cute screaming noises. :) If you can't visualize it, feel free to stop by and I'll demonstrate.

(pause semi-manic gush filled with dry humor and sip more coffee)

Ah. Feeling more human every minute. This weekend is my 17th wedding anniversary. My wonderful MIL took the Munchkins for a long weekend roadtrip, leaving me and my husband some time and space to celebrate.

I love my Mother-In-Law.

(slurp)

A lot.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Wed., hubby and I celebrated 14 years of wedded bliss. It's lovely ain't it? Um, if I ever do just stop by your house, it would probably be for dessert, not for choking ok? Thanks though, I really do appreciate the offer!

MrsMama said...

Thank you. Happy Anniversary to you too!

If you are ever in Kansas, please do stop by. You don't have to worry about me choking you or putting you in an armbar - I'm sure you could outrun me easily. ;)

Alisa said...

Outrun you? Ha! I doubt that. I've not been this out of shape my whole life. Guess what I'll be doing once the kids go back to school on Wed.?

April said...

Happy Anniversary, I hope you went and did something fun together.....or maybe stayed in and practiced choke holds ;)

I got a good laugh at your ladder running tales. Don't worry, you'll get quicker....or someone will get hurt and then they will be slower.