Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Purple Pause



Miss Munchkin and I are testing for our purple belts in martial arts class at the end of this month. The test itself won't be too hard, but I'm a little nervous about what comes after. You see, the purple belts attend the Advanced class, which includes all of the upper belts - even the black belts! I am totally slightly intimidated by those guys (and girls). I've seen them grappling on the ground, doing crazy jump kicks and tossing each other to the mat. What the heck am I getting into!? Actually, the groundwork looks kinda fun and I guess it will come in handy to be able to take the Munchkins down (tackle - you're not going anywhere until your room is clean!), but gravity is not my friend and I don't know if I can ever do those jumps. Ugh.

Note: unlike the photo above, in our school the purple belts come after orange - so I'm still kinda the new kid on the block. And there are a bunch of stripes that come once you reach red and brown, so that black belt is still far, far away...

My kickboxing class is going to be offering a Fight Class - where you actually wear sparring gear and learn how to kickbox on, well, each other. I think I'm going to sign up so you'll hear more about that in a few weeks.

1 comment:

April said...

I think it's time that I start to fear you, because you could obviously kick my...um bottom.