Thursday, June 05, 2008

Inconceivable


"Mama?"

A few minutes ago, a feeble voice came from the living room. I pried myself from the computer and went to see what Master Munchkin wanted.

"Will you hand me the remote?" He had just woken up and staggered sleepily to the couch.

"What's wrong?", I glanced at the remote control for the TV, which was sitting about 16 inches from his hand.

"My hands are asleep."

"Pfffft! You know, when I was a kid, we didn't even have remotes. We had to get up and actually walk across the room to change the channel."

His eyes widened with horror and disbelief.

"That's terrible," he whispered.

Come to think about it, when I was a kid, I didn't have a computer. Or the internet. That's a bit unthinkable to me. I wonder what Master Munchkin's children will grow up with that they couldn't image living without.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

We can't even change the channel on without our remote now. The Directv box has no channel control on it. Egads! If we ever lost our remote?
My husband and I were just having this conversation regarding the internet and home. What did our parents do for car repair info, recipes, support, etc? Those were indeed the Dark Ages.

MrsMama said...

I am so glad I was born at this time in History. Can you imagine raising 6 children on the prairie or having a family during the Middle Ages? I am so thankful for the medical access we have and my washing machine!