Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The Wolf Man Returns


You may remember my interesting encounter at the gym with the Wolf Man. Yesterday, he was there again, only this time he was shirtless. Ack! I was a bit distracted and made a quick detour into the restroom to plan my course of action. As the door closed behind me I was genuinely puzzled. Apparently they had remodeled over the last few weeks and had added, um, urinals to the women's restroom. Huh. That was...odd. I glanced around, confused. Maybe they put those in for all of those mothers who drag their little boys into the restroom with them. Ah, that must be it. How thoughtful! And convenient.

Waaaait a minute..........

It slowly dawned on me: I wasn't in the women's restroom.

I shot out of there like a bullet. A mortified bullet fleeing from reality.

I don't think anyone saw me. The only one around was the Wolf Man and he seemed focused on staring into space. I just hope he doesn't have a blog.

"There was this really weird woman at the gym the other day...."

6 comments:

A Friend Across the Miles said...

Maybe you got caught in some sort of space/time, black hole-ish kinda thing...

Dawn, said...

Laughed out loud!

Alisa said...

Camie's comment is exactly what my first thought was!
Glad they remodeled the bathrooms at the gym though.

Mama Pea said...

Years ago, I mistakenly went into the Men's bathroom at a large company where I was working. Unfortunately, two men were standing at the urinals. Unfortunately, I knew them and they knew me. Unfortunately, I couldn't change jobs. See? It could have been worse . . . you could have walked in on Wolf Man.

idreamicanfly said...

Ha! Classic. Just be glad it was empty, eh?

Hannah said...

I am laughing both at your first encounter with "Wolf Man" (what in the world?!) and also at our accidental time in the men's restroom. Nice! I work in a gym, so gym stories are always extra entertaining to me! Thanks for the laugh. :)