Friday, January 04, 2008

Speeding


As usual, we were running late to piano lessons. I was driving briskly down 15th street when a truck passed me. "Are they speeding?", Master Munchkin wanted to know.
"Yes." I replied smugly.
"Are we?"
I glanced down at my speedometer. "Not much."
"Mom, it says 40 on the sign and you're going 45".
Half-seriously, I shoot back, "Yeah, well, if a policeman comes along, he'll get that truck, because he's going faster. And he's in front of me." So there.
My 6 year old piped up once more. "But if that truck drove off a cliff, would you drive too?"

3 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Hi! Your blog looks wonderful.
Thank you for sharing it with me!

Oh don't you love it when your children point out our little sins. :o(
I can not seem to slow down and am guilty too.

Donna Boucher said...

Did you watch Jane Eyre on PBS last nigt?
I love that version so much!

MrsMama said...

Hey, nice to see you here! No, I don't love it when my kids keep me honest. Well, actually yes I do. :)

And I missed Jane Eyre, but my TiVo is poised to catch all of Jane's upcoming new movies on Masterpiece Theater (thanks again for the head's up!).