Thursday, August 06, 2009

Tell me Not that I am Too Late


On my way back from taking Master Munchkin to Karate Camp this morning, I got a phone call from Miss Munchin. I knew, by noting the early hour, that something was not right.

What's wrong? This girl normally sleeps in. Big time.

Um, when are you going to be home?

Why?

I woke up and the fire alarms were going off and the washing machine is gushing water everywhere and it's dripping through the floor into the basement.

Are you serious?!

Yes.

Ok. I'll be there in a minute.

I hung up the phone and put the pedal to the metal.

To be continued....

2 comments:

A Friend Across the Miles said...

OOOOH! I'm hoping she was just sleep-walking...vividly...

Stephanie said...

Uh Oh!! Not a good start to your day!!! Hoping for a happy ending??