Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Alack and Alas!

I know it's been quiet here on All Astonishment lately; we been a bit crazy-busy! My parents are getting ready to move out-of-state and we've been helping them sort, pack and get ready for a garage sale. It's amazing how much stuff a person can accumulate over 20 years in a house. Or, in my case, 20 minutes in a single room.

I had Fight Class tonight. Last week we covered boxing basics and practiced parrying and slipping punches. This week we added some kicks to the mix. Most of the class was spent practicing techniques, which I really enjoy - at least I know what's coming! The last 10 minutes we spent sparring but not at full power. I got a few shots in but took more than my share of hits. It's a good group of people this year - 3 women and 3 men. I think we're all enjoying ourselves. There's only 1 guy that I'm a little afraid of, a left-handed guy who has had boxing experience. He's very fast and quite good. I have no idea how to box with him other than to kick him upside the head and run away. ;)

And, happy day: my washing machine is fixed! I never thought I'd be so thrilled to be doing laundry.

2 comments:

A Friend Across the Miles said...

Or, you could hand Left-handed Guy a cooking pot (for protection - not that you would do anything on purpose, but you know the Scout motto "always be prepared" or something like that) and pull out the large can of wh...you know, this is going in a direction that I should maybe reign in...

Hang in there, friend. Sounds like a lot of activity in your neck of the woods - plus laundry.

A Friend Across the Miles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.