Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving


I am feeling thankful for many things this year - my wonderful family, my health, good friends, our home in the country.

I am thankful that this coming week will be an "easy" week (many of our regular activities are canceled) and am looking forward to Dinner at my mom's. Every year she hosts a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. My Favorite Sister will be there - she's coming home from college for a few days - we can't wait to see her!

Ever since I tried Katherine's Sweet Potato Casserole, I've made it every year for Thanksgiving dinner. It's that good. I also like how I can easily adapt it for Miss Munchkin by substituting dairy-free butter and a gluten-free flour.

Abraham Lincoln's 1863 Thanksgiving Proclamation.

Our President's 2008 Thanksgiving proclamation.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

I'm so glad you'll get to see your sister. Have fun at your moms. I'll be poking at The Aunt's baby belly all day.
Have a great Turkey Day!

Lindsay said...

OK, crazy. Do you know Katherine? I've been reading her blog for maybe a year or so. I love it, so encouraging.

MrsMama said...

Alisa, Thanks, you too!

Lindsay, I don't know her IRL, but I've been reading her blog for awhile too. I appreciate her insight into Christian parenting. Try this recipe if you haven't!