Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Latest


Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to take photos in a brand new, beautiful house. The contractor hired me to document some of the features and details that went into this lovely home. I can't wait to post pictures, but I promised myself that I would editing finish poor, patient Rechelle's photos before I started playing with this new batch. (I'm almost done, Rechelle! There are just so many great shots...) So, in the meantime, picture in your head rich wood floors, stone arches, 3 fireplaces, thick warm carpet, beautiful tile work, a fabulous curving staircase and a master closet bigger than Master Munchkin's bedroom.

"O my leg!" (Does anyone know the reference for this? If you have an elementary school-aged child, you just might.) This week in Martial Arts class we did Wall Tortures. You stand against a wall and a partner "helps" stretch your leg up - basically to the point where you are not smiling any more. Then, after a proper front stretch, you turn to the side and do it again. Only this time, once your leg is as high as it goes, your partner lets go and you have to hold your leg up (by your own muscles) until the instructor lets you put it down. You know you want to try it. So, right now, head over to the nearest wall, stand sideways and lift one leg up higher than your waistline and hold it there. Till your muscles shake and you start to complain and sweat. Then hold it longer. It helps if you point your other heel away from the wall. Miss Munchkin loves these because she can get her foot almost as high as her head and, obviously, she likes to show off. Humph!

We had the first snowflakes of the season today.

3 comments:

Alisa said...

How exciting about the house pictures! How yucky about the leg stretches.
I love your pictures of CDW's Family. I know I tease, but it would be worth the trip to see you for family photos!
Not for the snow however. I don't do so well in snow.

idreamicanfly said...

Um, I'll take a pass on the leg lifts? We do the horrible plank. You know, pushup position, but on your elbows, and then hold til you die? One of our warmup queens loves this one. She claims "it's a great way to watch TV!" Yeah, riiiiight. How can I possibly watch TV in the plank? I can't see through the red haze of blood vessels bursting in my head...

MrsMama said...

Alisa, thanks for the grand compliment.

Jo, I agree - I'll take Wall Tortures over Planks anyday. Planks are SOOO hard!