Thursday, November 27, 2008

Sweating Over Xmas


This year I was thinking about giving each of our martial arts instructors a personalized sweat towel along with a thank you note. I can buy some plain, some white hand towels and embroider something on them (in a very manly fashion, of course). But what to put? Here are some ideas I've been kicking around:

1. Cry in the dojo; Laugh on the battlefield.
2. Sweat is the cologne of achievement.
3. Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things.
4. Suck it up!
5. instructor's name or initials
6. Sweat (verb): to perspire, to work hard, to exude moisture, to earn or obtain (a result, promotion, compliment) by hard work

What do you think? Any favorites? Other sayings or ideas? I'd love some feedback.

6 comments:

Rechelle said...

Chuck Norris is a ninny.

I kick people for fun.

My sweat can kick your sweat's butt.

Kicking Sweet

Rechelle said...

this is April using Rechelle's computer...der

idreamicanfly said...

Fabulous! I have to admit to yelling "suck it up!" quite a lot in class. But #3 has a real rhythm to it.

Now you've got Andy making up sweat lines...

MrsMama said...

Jo, let me know what he comes up with! :)

Aprelle, I like those, thanks. :)

MrsMama said...

A few more in the running:

Sweat saves blood.

Sparring - better than therapy.

And I found one that I think will be perfect for our Irish instructor:
"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea".

Alisa said...

I like the sparring one.
You are so creative and your embroidery will so kick my embroidery's butt.
Does embroidery have a butt?
I may steal your idea for The Kids' teachers. Except with teacher sayings and all.