Thursday, June 10, 2010

VBS

This is Vacation Bible School week at our church.  There are 350 children attending this year.  It’s fun, crazy, busy, and wonderful!

This year’s theme is Sonquest RainForest.  Everywhere you look there are trees and vines and snakes.

Here’s Polly Parrot.  Isn’t she lovely?VBSpolly

Here we are in the gym.  I’m helping in one of the 4th grade classes – you can see some of my kids here – Hey, there’s Master Munchkin’s ear!VBS

 

One of the highlights of the day is the Bible Story.  Hey, is that April and Ellen?!  You know that’s gotta be entertaining! VBSapril

Miss Munchkin is helping out in the Oasis Room, where the teachers and staff can slip in and grab a quick bite to eat.  I love you Miss Munchkin!  Can you put some more of that yummy fruit salad out today?  And the homemade cinnamon rolls.  Don’t forget those.VBSfood

We have some funny, talented people at our church.  These ladies have us all cracking up.VBSMomma

And what would VBS be without some outdoor fun? 

Well, I gotta run.  Today is Day 4 and I need to get dressed in my Jungle Guide outfit!

All the photos are from Jeff McPheeters.  Thanks Jeff!

2 comments:

CountessLaurie said...

Oh my! 350 children!! We are doing the same program (SonQuest Rainforest) but I think we will be lucky to get 40 children.

It looks like you are having a really good time! Keep sharing!!

Alisa said...

Holy Cow! That's a lot of kids. Looks like a really fun time though.