Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake


My sister-in-law recently started a cake decorating business.

We got together over the Easter weekend to celebrate some family birthdays and she had made three (3) of her beautiful cakes! Well, I certainly didn't want to be rude, so I simply HAD to sample each of them. Repeatedly. Oh MY! They looked like gorgeous, bakery-baked cakes, but tasted homemade. Not my homemade (from a box), but real, from-scratch homemade. Even the icing was delicious. She sent home the leftovers and we have been enjoying cake ever since. Cake for breakfast. Cake for a nice mid-morning snack. Cake for dessert. Cake for that last, late-night feast. It's that good.

I just got back from Kickboxing this morning and had 3 pieces. You know, to keep up my strength and to replenish any calories that I might have lost.

Curse you, Tina, and your gorgeous cakes too!

4 comments:

Alisa said...

I love cake. Hers look especially gorgeous! I always wished I had that kind of talent. It seems like a fun way to make some money. Good luck to her in her new business.

Unknown said...

Cake makes me whoozy with delight! I just saw a picture of yours at Picture this and found it enchanting! What beautiful work you do! I can't wait to go look around at all of your pictures and ideas : ). Any blog named All Astonishment has to be good!

MrsMama said...

Thanks Alisa. You are kind to say so! I picture many extra pounds coming my way in the future.

Life with Kaishon - thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments. I'm glad you stopped by!

idreamicanfly said...

Oh, cake, my favorite food in the world, why are you so far away? I didn't even manage to get any cake for my birthday this year. (sigh) Should I be checking the mailbox for a piece?