Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Boy Joy



I recently posted about movies for my daughter so I thought I'd throw out a few gems for the boys in your family.

We love, love, love the old-fashioned good vs. evil, packed-full of adventure shows. I have found a gold mine now that so many of the cartoons from the 60s and 70s are now readily available on DVD. Some of Master Munchkin's favorites include Superfriends (the OLD ones, not the new ones), Space Ghost & Dino Boy, Birdman & the Galaxy Trio, Star Trek: The Animated Series (1973), Aquaman and Jonny Quest (1964). A lot of these involve a hero saying things like, "I am here to thwart your evil plans!" and funny little sidekicks named "Tusky", the walrus. They are good, clean fun. As a parent, I don't have to worry about any sexual inuendo that has snuck into so many of the cartoons today.

You can buy whole series of these shows for dirt cheap, espcially right now on Amazon. I'm getting ready to pick up a box set of Flash Gordon from the 40s. It's nice to have something on hand for those long, hot days of Summer!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

The Boy likes these as well, they are on the Boomerang network quite often. The classics are always the best.