Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Whew!


Miss Munchkin and I had our first Advanced class last night. I have to admit that I was feeling a bit nervous, not knowing what to expect and meeting new people, etc. But it went very well! The teacher introduced us and the students were very friendly - even the big, black belt guys. After warming up, we didn't waste anytime getting into the new material: we learned how to do a double-leg takedown and a shoulder-throw, then we did some work with bear hugs and headbuts. It was really fun! I think Miss Munchkin got a thrill from throwing her mom over her shoulder. :P

Here's a visual for you:

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Um, ouch. Kudos to you! And your daughter.
I can only imagine how many times I wanted to throw my mother over my back like that at her age...