Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Photography


I developed my passion for photography late in life. I got my first Digital SLR, a Nikon d80, just a few years ago and have been busy learning and enjoying the art ever since. It's my creative outlet and I am entirely smitten.

I've recently upgraded to the Nikon d700.  Photos and impressions coming soon!


All of my photos have been taken with the Tamron 17-50 (a sweet wide angle lens) and the Nikon 50mm 1.8, which is nice for indoor shots and portraits.

I just got the Nikon 24-70mm.  I'll let you know how I like it soon!

 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2
For post processing, I use Adobe's Lightroom. To me, it's more intuitive than Photoshop and it can do almost everything I need. I do want to learn layers and Photoshop one day.


If you are interested in photography, check out Flickr. There you will see some inspirational pictures and have the chance to interact with some talented photographers. Also, one can make a huge difference in their photography by following the guidelines in this simple list. Paying attention to these things can help turn a blah photo into one that is potentially outstanding.

And here are some of the books that are on my bookshelf and I highly recommend.  These are not uber technical.  If I can understand them, anyone can!

5 comments:

Alisa said...

Oh no...I have the Canon. Can we still be friends? I've been really enjoying playing around with my camera as well. I'm using photoshop though, mostly because the husband is a photoshop freak and I've been playing around with RAW. RAW is fun. Now that I've realized that it doesn't matter if I make mistakes. Some of my best looking photos are "mistakes" :)

MrsMama said...

Of course, silly. I like Canon. :P

I think you're brave for using RAW and Photoshop. I really need to jump on the wagon. Maybe this Fall, once the kids are in school...

Alisa said...

RAW is not so scary once you just go for it. The real problem is that you can do so many things it becomes addicting and hard to just stop and finish the photo already. My dad spirited me away last year as a bday/mother's day gift to a photo workshop http://doucette.typepad.com/wedothings/2007/10/i-love-my-camer.html
It was so worth it, especially since he paid! It was landscape though, so I've had some trouble translating the lessons for portraits. I'm a work in progress.

Unknown said...

I just found your blog through April's and her pictures with Clay. They are so cute!
I love my D80 as well!
Nice to have found your blog. Your pictures are wonderful!

MrsMama said...

DVM's Wife - thank you. I'm so glad you stopped by to visit!

Yes, I love my d80. Go Nikon! :)