Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sucking Coffee and Fried Worms


Ugh. I just returned home from a visit to the dentist, and quickly sought some comfort in a cup of coffee. I soon discovered that doing one of my favorite things has become quite a bit more challenging! You try drinking a hot beverage from a large cup with a numb and useless front lip! After a few tries, I learned that it can be done, if I use a straw and place it...just...so.... Ahhhh, yes. Definitely worth the trouble.

While I was gone, The Mister (my dear husband) "forgot" to load the dishwasher. I can almost believe this. But he also forgot to feed Master Munchkin breakfast. That, I don't understand. Master Munchkin claims he dislikes to request food from The Mister, because of what he gets served. According to him, he only gets (insert dramatic pause) bread and water. AND he has to eat the crusts.

We've recently started listening to one of my favorite childhood books on CD in the car, How to Eat Fried Worms. Master Munchkin is quite amused! I've heard that this book has been banned in some schools, but I can't imagine why. We have found it a delightful way to pass the time while driving to and from town.

No comments: