Monday, April 14, 2008

Punchy


Boxing is becoming a popular way to get and stay fit. This recent news article explores this new trend:
Regardless of whether you actually get in the ring, all the fancy footwork, punching and blocking add up to a good all-around workout, burning 350 to 500 calories an hour for the average person. Boxing also promotes coordination and balance, teaches self-defense skills and offers a good outlet for aggression.

Wish me luck: I've coerced invited my husband to join me for tonight's kickboxing class. He's rather reluctant and, I think, a tad frightened by it all.

2 comments:

April said...

Are you going to kick him? Is he going to kick you? Because then you both could say, "I'm going to kick you!" and mean it.

MrsMama said...

Alas, I did not get to kick him last night. Or box him. But I am still hopeful that the occasion will arise.