Friday, March 07, 2008

Mostly Martha

You may have seen the DVD, No Reservations, starring Catherine Zeta-Jones, in the New Release section at your local movie store. If you are tempted to rent or buy it, first check if the store carries the movie "Mostly Martha" (2001). It's the exact same story, except that Mostly Martha is in German and the acting is, well, good. If the thought of subtitles turns you off, I think that you will become so quickly sucked into the movie that you don't even realize that you are reading them. Sibylle Canonica brings a believability to role of Martha that Catherine Zeta-Jones, um, lacks. Of course, I'm a woman and you gents may be able to overlook that little flaw and be a bit more forgiving. ;)

Just a subtle suggestion: Mostly Martha would make a great weekend movie.

4 comments:

April said...

I really ejoyed Mostly Martha, we haven't seen the other film.

My movie recommendation for the week is Once. Also a foreign flick. Excellent music, sweet story. I can't remember if it's in English or subtitled....that means it was good.

MrsMama said...

Ooo, that's the Irish film! I was wondering if it was good. I'll add it to my list.

Donna Boucher said...

I enjoyed Mostly Martha, until it broke.

I rented No Reservations...and hated it...it was boring...and the plot was not as rich.

Definitely....Mostly Martha.

Ann said...

I'll add it to the queue.