Monday, March 10, 2008

Inspired

Yesterday I spent the day at a National Geographic photography seminar and came away inspired. One of the tips that I learned was that you can use your wide angle lens to produce vertical photos that really provide a sense of depth. You can get so much "information" in a photo when you can show both the foreground and what's happening behind. I took my camera to the lake last night and shot this:



I love the sense of scale here. I think the viewer gets a feel of the majesty of the sky.

It was reassuring to know that even National Geographic photographers don't know what all the buttons on their cameras do. And they take lots of pictures and delete most of them. Just like me. :)

5 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

Hubby go his bonus....I am getting my calibrator and wide angle soon :o)

17-55 is the lens I'm pretty sure I'm going with!

Donna Boucher said...

not go
got

MrsMama said...

Yea Donna! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

April said...

Huh? What? Good photos? Delete? What?


This is why you are my friend. You feel an ignorant void in my life.

April said...

Geesh, I mean fill, not feel. Dur.