Friday, February 22, 2008

Fish Burger, Hold The Bun

We recently had Miss Munchkin tested for food allergies and found that she is allergic to wheat and cow's milk and is sensitive to beef, corn, pork, lamb, honey, almonds, blueberries, oats, rye, yogurt, apples, coffee (what the?), green peas, safflower oil, barley, malt, peaches, and black walnuts. This child's favorite thing to eat is a hamburger and a big glass of chocolate milk. I'm thinking, "What in the heck am I going to feed her?!"

I've started researching gluten-free foods and dairy alternatives but, in the meantime, if you know of any awesome websites, cookbooks, or brands of tasty foods that she could eat, please chime right in!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Sorry to hear you are all going down this road. Kristian, my mom and my MIL all have celiac disease, I know tons of GF foods. I would be happy to chat.
Ann

MrsMama said...

Thanks Ann. I'll be calling you!

April said...

I've been wondering how the heck I'm going to feed her when she comes for a visit.

I use Agave nectar as a natural sweetner...it's wonderful. I wonder if she can have that?

MrsMama said...

April, this next month is pretty restrictive. She can have carrots, grapes raisins or a banana for a snack and basically just fish or chicken for a meal. I'm glad I got rid of all that hamburger that she can't have from my freezer! :)