Friday, September 04, 2009

Pesky Moms and Moons


Miss Munchkin had a friend stay over last night and, since it is now past 10 AM, I've been entertaining myself by tossing frisky critters, one at a time, into their room to wake them up. Trooper is great at snuffing in your ear and wagging his whole body while standing on your chest and Amigo is an effective alarm clock with his deafening purr and his sharp little claws. So far, I've been nice, but if they don't get up soon, I'll put the dog and the kitten in their room - at the same time. Bwahahahhaaa!


Last night we pulled out our telescope and spent some time looking at the moon and Jupiter. We could actually see 3 of Jupiter's moons, Io, Europa and Ganymede. It was amazing! And the detail on the moon was breathtaking. We could see the very distinct craters and seas. The girls were in awe and so was I. By the way, do you know how many moons Jupiter has? I had to look it up - I had no idea! I think you'll be surprised.

No comments: