Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Frodo

alas

On Friday I accidently backed over our dear, sweet cat’s tail when we were leaving for school.  It was fractured and bruised in the area that houses the nerves for his bladder.  So right now, poor Frodo is at the vet’s, with a catheter and IV.  We’re waiting to see if his inability to, well, go potty is caused by temporary swelling from the injury or if those nerves are permanently damaged.   On Thursday, the vet will remove the catheter and, if Frodo can use his litter box, he gets to come home.  If not, well…   :(

20090623-DSC_0835

We’re all hoping he heals up!

The vet bills are mounting at an alarming rate and my children have set up a Tupperware container labeled “Coins for Kitty”.  They’ve  pooled all of their birthday money and loose change.  It’s really sweet.  And my Favorite Sister and my mother have both called in with vows of emotional and financial support.  This cat has really won the hearts of us all.

10 comments:

CountessLaurie said...

Oh no! Prayers for Frodo... and for you and your family!!

bdaiss said...

Yeow! Poor Frodo! (And poor you! I can't imagine...)

Sending warm fuzzies and ear scrtiches from our clan. Here's to a swift and full recovery!

Nichole@40daysof said...

So sorry to hear about Frodo. I hope he will be okay. I am also waiting to hear from the vet today. I hate the waiting.

Mama Pea said...

Sending good thoughts for Frodo's complete recovery. So sorry this happened to you.

Anonymous said...

Yes, lots of prayers for Frodo...poor guy. :(

A Friend Across the Miles said...

I'm sorry my friend. I'm praying for a good outcome...

~~Camie~~

April said...

:( Sad day friend. Why do those darn cats take a hold of our hearts that way?

Unknown said...

Feel better soon Frodo. Poor little kittah. I hope he is on the mend soon.

Dawn, said...

Our new puppy loves to chase our truck all the way down the driveway... he is making me a nervous wreck. Hope frodo heals!!

Alisa said...

I hope Frodo makes a full recovery! I'm so sorry you have to go through this!