Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Isn't it Romantic?


"And what's romance?  Usually, a nice little tale where you have everything as you like it, where rain never wets your jacket and gnats never bite your nose, and it's always daisy-time."  D.H. Lawrence

Like many ladies, I am a sucker for Romance.  Especially this time of year.  I wanted to share some of the things that make my heart go Pitter Patter.

Favorite Romantic Song:  "The Kiss" from the Last of the Mohicans movie soundtrack.  Sigh.

Romantic Books:  Anything by Lynn Kurland.  She writes clean, funny and uber romantic stories involving Time Travel, castles, Scotland, and manly heroes who wear swords and know how to use them.  I recently finished Dreams of Stardust and am still sighing.

Romantic Decorating: check out these lovely decor ideas from French Larkspur.  Oh MY.

Romantic Movies: Emma from 1999, Pride and Prejudice (A&E version, of course), Sense and Sensibility (1999).  Love these.

Miss Munchkin's Favorite Romantic Movies:  all of the above plus... While You were Sleeping, The Love Come Softly series, Though None Go With Me and A Walk to Remember.

Perfume: I've already blogged about this so just go here.

And I'm still waiting for my kiss in the rain.  

So, what makes your heart go Pitter Patter?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A knowing look. A song that gives me goose bumps. A movie that makes me smile and want the love story of my own.
It's good to feel love.

A Friend Across the Miles said...

The tears of a new father, seeing his baby for the first time...although that becomes a vicious cycle. :)

Watching your man stand up for what is right and speaking with strength. Not harshly but firmly, with wisdom.

sapphire443 said...

I love that Last of the Mohicans song too!!

The Park Wife said...

When my husband looks at me with the look that says he is absolutely, positively, 100 % in love with me and can not live without me.

How about The Notebook? I cry every time I watch it...the ending never changes, I know what is going to happen. But, I cry anyway.

CountessLaurie said...

A big sigh for that song!!!

I am a sucker for a happy ending. That makes my heart go pitter pat. Real, fake, Disney, don't care. Just make it happy!!