Friday, December 18, 2009

GASP!

That was the sound of me coming up for air!

The last few weeks have been crazy-busy but there is now a sweet lull in the fray. Huh? Well, you get the idea...

I've missed you, Sweet Blog and Dear Readers.

Master Munchkin's Class Christmas party went well, except for the part where I ate 6 Little Debbie vanilla Christmas Tree cakes. Not all at once! I had to sneak some out to the car to eat afterwards. I mean, I wouldn't want to look like a pig or anything. ;)

I was called to Jury Duty in the middle of the week. After waiting about 1/2 hour, the Judge came in and told us that the Prosecuting Attorney was sick and that the trial was postponed. And that we didn't need to come back! Wow. I didn't even have to break out my bacon scarf.

The Munchkins and I passed our Belt Tests this week. The owner, Himself, did the testing this time and it was thorough. We did shoulder-throws, neck-cranks, lots of boxing combinations, reaps, headlock take-downs and a bunch of self-defense techniques. When it was over, and we passed, we felt really proud. And tired! :)

The Munchkin's school Christmas concert was last night. I would like to know who took my little girl and replaced her with a smiling, graceful, beautiful young woman! I remember another concert when Miss Munchkin was more interested in slapping herself on her little four-year old forehead and spinning around in circles in the front row than singing nicely. Wow, eleven years changes things. And goes by entirely too quickly.

Now I'm off to spend some more time with my Favorite Sister. She flew in for the funeral but will be staying with us for a few weeks. Happy/sad times.

1 comment:

Brad, Lauri & Ethan Bernet said...

Yes-I also noticed the very grace-filled wonderful performance of your daughter and just couldn't stop watching her. I think musical performance may be in her future.... :)

off to church :)