Wednesday, February 02, 2011

I have seen hell and it’s white

“I believe I have have seen hell and it’s white, snow-white.”

Not really, I just love that scene from the BBC miniseries “North and South” and have always wanted to say that.  Actually, we have enjoyed the snow that our brief blizzard has brought us.

Master Munchkin and I built a snow cave today.  It wasn’t a “proper” snow cave – more like a hole in a drift, but in my mind it looked like this:
From Allen and Mike's Really Cool Backcountry Ski Book
After all of our architectural efforts, we had worked up an appetite so we made one of my favorite Winter treats, snow cream.  I think the two activities cancel each other out calorically, don’t you?

7 comments:

Dawn, said...

I love North and South. Have you read the book? Snow in Alabama was fun but now we don't want anymore, grin. We don't function in the white stuff ;)

MrsMama said...

Dawn, no I haven't read the book. I may have to add it to my pile.

Yes, I think snow is great - in moderation. A few big snows each year are enough for me!

Alisa said...

Cool snow fort. I just received the North and South DVD set in the mail today. Can't wait to watch!

MrsMama said...

Alisa, let me know what you think! I liked it better the second time.

Nichole@40daysof said...

I recognized that line right away! The book is awesome, too. Glad to see you back in blogland. :)

Vegas Wedding Photographer - FogartyFOTO said...

Brilliant! You'd need a good rest after pushing that much snow ;-)~

MrsMama said...

Hi Nicole (waving)

Thanks for stopping by, Steve. Not sure how much snow you get in Vegas - feel free to take some of ours! :)