Thursday, August 05, 2010

Before and After

A sneak peek into my post-processing

Grace

The first photo is SOOC (straight out of camera).  I use Adobe’s Lightroom for all of my processing.

First I lightened the circles under her eyes then, for the center photo, I applied Steller's “Color Shout” preset, which I toned down and adjusted slightly.  I didn't touch her actual eyes - they were already gorgeous!  Finally I increased the Luminance Smoothing (noise reduction) 100%.

For the last photo, I used Steller's “70s Heatwave” Preset then recovered some highlights and adjusted the greens.  Lastly I adjusted the Noise (Luminance Smoothing).

As  you can see, with minimum post-processing you can get two very different feels for the same portrait.  I love editing – for me it’s a continuation of the artistic process of creating a specific  photograph.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. I love the post-processing and tweaking of pictures. Sometimes it is more fun than actually taking the picture, or something like that.
How are you liking that 24-70 lens? I don't think I have to ask about the d700. It IS an amazing camera. I just bought the 35mm lens. Wow is my description. Love it.

Cel said...

Yes I agree..it enhances photos to suit what you want to achieve.
Great edits Kiana.

How's your sister, is she regular in her blog?