Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Unusual Abodes

I grew up living in a variety of interesting homes.  When I was 11, my father and I lived in a very small RV.  When I was 13, our family lived in a few different basement apartments while we were building our passive-solar underground home.


skylights

The entrance to our house:

undergroundstairs

This cool dome home was down the street.  I used to babysit there.

dome 

Here’s another house in the neighborhood.  I babysat here too.

woods

Since I have a history of unusual houses, this article caught my eye.  Where is the strangest place you've lived and would you live in any of these homes?

5 comments:

bdaiss said...

Wow really? You actually lived in an underground house? Cool! (I always wanted one of those hexagon houses...)

Can't say I'd go for any of the houses in your link, but I love this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9qnWg9kak Probably because I'm a techno-geek. :)

Nichole@40daysof said...

Very interesting! I don't think I could do the dome house, but I kind of like underground houses. Grass roofs are pretty!

The strangest house I've ever lived in was a trailer. And I hope never to repeat the experience.

Trish said...

Love the cool houses, it's nice to see something different, thanks for sharing!!!

K said...

Now that I am blissfully happy with my new husband, my experience living with my ex seems pretty strange.

Or is that not what you meant.... :-)

I lived in a student co-op in Eugene, Oregon in college. Strange but in a really fun way!

The Park Wife said...

THe underground house is tooooo cool!!!